Mice and Other Rodents Present Serious Health Risks
If you’ve ever had mice, rats or other rodents in your home, you know how destructive—and disgusting—they can be. Rodents not only carry and spread disease, but also nest in your home and leave behind droppings, chewed walls and wiring, andransacked pantries in their wake.
In addition to transporting fleas and ticks, mice and other rodents carry several illnesses, including:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis, or LCM – A viral infection that can cause fever, malaise, lack of appetite, muscle aches, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- Salmonellosis – A bacterial infection that can cause diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps.
- Mycoplasma – A type of bacteria which is known to cause respiratory problems and pneumonia.
- Leptospirosis – A bacterial disease that can cause high fever, severe headache, chills, muscle aches and vomiting.
- Dysentery – A gastrointestinal disorder that causes abdominal pain and cramps.
Along with diseases, ticks and fleas, Rats and Mice can contaminate food and do significant damage to property.
Why Do You Have Mice or Other Rodents in Your Raleigh or Cary, NC Space?
Most likely they are looking for a place to nest and breed, and an easy source for food, shelter and water. While getting rid of them yourself is a tempting option, it’s more efficient, cost effective and sanitary to let the experts at The Neuse handle the job for you.
Our treatment options take advantage of rodents’ natural curiosity and storing habits to monitor for activity and control as needed.
To learn more about different types of rodents and what may be done about them, contact us at (919) 553-9888 for more information and to request a free, no-obligation price quote. We’ll find the right residential pest control plan or commercial pest control plan that fits your needs and budget. Call now!
Proudly providing outstanding pest control services that eliminate ants, cockroaches, mice, mosquitoes, termites, fleas, ticks, lice, bed bugs and other pests to satisfied customers in Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, Apex, Morrisville, Wake Forest, North Raleigh, Holly Springs, and Fuquay-Varina.