Can You Tell If You Have Bedbugs?
Over the last 10 years, we’ve learned a lot about bedbugs. Particularly, that they are much more common than most people think, and very difficult to treat. Luckily treatments have improved greatly over the last 5 years or so, and The Neuse Termite and Pest Control is prepared to help you through any bed bug problems you might have.
Here are some national bed bug facts and statistics that show just how common the critters are and how difficult they are to treat.
- One out of five Americans has had a bed bug infestation or knows someone who as had bed bugs or encountered bedbugs in a hotel – 2011 Bed Bugs in America Survey
- Bed bugs are found in all 50 states. According to the 2011 Bed Bugs in America Survey, 20% of respondants encountered bedbugs in the southern United States, 20% in the Midwest, 17% in the Northeast and 19% in the West.
- The public’s awareness of bedbugs is growing. the 2011 Bed Bugs in America Survey reveals that 27% of respondents have inspected/washed clothing upon returning from a trip; 25% have checked a hotel room for bed bugs; 17% have inspected or vacuumed a suitcase upon returning from a trip and 12% have altered or canceled travel plans because of concern about bed bugs.- 2011 Bed Bugs in America Survey
- Americans still have misconceptions about bed bugs. 1/2 of survey responders believe that bed bugs carry transmittable disease. Despite itchy, red welts, bedbugs DO NOT pass disease to humans; 29% and 37% believe bed bugs are more common in low income households and are attracted to dirty homes. The truth is, bed bugs are just as likely to be found in high income, clean households. – 2011 Bed Bugs in America Survey
- Nearly 100% of pest professionals treated bed bugs in the last year, much higher compared to five, 10 and 15 years ago. – 2015 Bugs Without Borders Survey
- The top 3 places to find bed bugs? Apartments/condos, single family homes and hotels/motels. – 2015 Bugs Without Borders Survey
- Bed bugs are also found in high numbers in nursing homes, college dorms, offices, schools, daycares, hospitals and public transit. – 2015 Bugs Without Borders Survey
- Pest professionals also report finding bed bugs in almost any place or situation, including: A prosthetic leg; in a casket; bathtub vent; clubs; call centers; and in boats. Bed bugs are challenging to treat according to 68 percent of survey respondents, slightly lower than the 76 percent who said so in 2013, showin an increased understanding of the bugs and treatment. – 2015 Bugs Without Borders Survey
If you think you have bedbugs, call the professionals at The Neuse Termite and Pest Control. We’re equipped with the most effective treatment options in the pest control industry. Our bedbug lineup include K9 inspections, head treatment and proven chemical formula to treat bed bugs. Although our treatments are the most effective, be aware that more than one visit may be necessary.